About Me

I'm a ranch wife of 27 years and loving every day. We have three grown sons and have one son home to continue our ranching heritage. My husbands family has owned this ground for over 62 years and my family has been in ranching for over 70 years. I love my heritage in ranching and the strong Christian values I have been raised with and have passed to our sons. ENJOY!!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just a quick note on how thankful I am to be a ranch wife.  Man, if most people could have seen the last couple weeks, they probably would have headed back to their cell service and DSL internet.  However, it has been a blessing to have two sons home and helping out.  How often do businesses have the opportunity it have enough work for an extra hand?!?  well.... that's probably not true, most businesses have plenty to do.  But the encouragement it brings to have your kids enjoy the work as much as I do, now that's a BLESSING!!

We had a skiff of snow this morning and the guys were on fresh three year old fillies.  It was nearly the colts first time out in the big wide open and with the chilly weather they were pretty fresh.




We also get to work in all kinds of weather.  This week has been rainy and cold.  Not a lot of 'fun' to be out in but that doesn't mean that stuff doesn't need to be done.  


Don't mind the date on the picture, it was taken on April 23rd.  This was me...


I know it's spring weather cuz this was just a couple days before... 


Now I gotta admit that the bottom pic looks to be much more comfortable weather and much more enjoyable to work in.  I was reading my copy of 'Our Daily Bread' last night and it was on how we long for spring.  Well, here we are smack dab in the middle of spring and thinking it's not very much 'fun', I long for the warm days, lots of sunshine and the lack of coats.  
"In longing for some future good, we forget that every day --regardless of the weather or our circumstances-- is a gift from God to be used for His glory."  According to Ron Ash "We are where we need to be and learning what we need to learn.  Stay the course because the things we experience today will lead us to where He needs us to be tomorrow."  

Never really think about being groomed for a purpose but I am sure that God has a plan so in that, I am also sure I am being groomed, prepared maybe.  "The challenge for each of us every day is to find something to rejoice about and some good to do --and then to do both!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment