About Me

I'm a ranch wife of 27 years and loving every day. We have three grown sons and have one son home to continue our ranching heritage. My husbands family has owned this ground for over 62 years and my family has been in ranching for over 70 years. I love my heritage in ranching and the strong Christian values I have been raised with and have passed to our sons. ENJOY!!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cascading Cleaning

Been thinking that the closets around here have been stuffed into for much too long. Isn't it amazing how much stuff you can stuff into an area without even realizing how much stuff you've got stuffed in there!! :) Once you are brave enough to pull a couple items out you become painfully aware that you have opened pandora's box and it cascades from there. I decided to do one shelf in the office today - it seems to have belched and landed mostly on the office floor. I thought one shelf wouldn't take too long, welllllll I just have one more box that I have been piling pictures on for several years - you know the ones - snap shots, Christmas cards, pix given to me or my sons - ones that really ought to be organized before putting them in an album. So for now I will move them on to the second phase of my cleaning. Once I found the puzzles in the back of the closet I knew I wanted to move them across the house into a different closet (are you seeing the cascading yet). Well, that closet wasn't needing anything more put into it until it was gone through also. Sooo the mess was on - I threw quite a bit away, reorganized and put it back with an amazing amount of room ready to accept more stuff. Ok - then I went snowmobiling with Cash and got thinking (by the way, the snowmobiling was a hoot - I would never have thought that me, the horse lover, would enjoy sledding to very very much but .... I DO!!!!)- aren't our lives like that - needing cleaned out soooo we can add more stuff again. But first to prioritize and throw away, rearrange and organize. I'm finding that closets can be kinda fun if you look at them as history or an adventure - what'd I leave in here????
One other thing - found a feather pillow in the trailer that needed washing - WELL - what an experience in patience....getting it to stay in the water - oh yeah air bubbles!!! :) Then two days in the dryer - I knew to put a shoe or something in the dryer to beat the feathers fluffy again, however the shoe kept opening the dryer door. anyway, not sure I'll take that project on again but the pillow smells good and is fluffy once again.

ahhhh success - one pillow fluffy and a closet ready for stuff!!!!

more rattling on .....

TTYL

Jecca

1 comment:

  1. Love your writing, keep it up girl. Now let see some pictures of those horses;)!!

    ReplyDelete